• 2 oz. Dillon’s Unfiltered Gin 22
• 6-8 basil leaves
• 3/4 oz. Aperol
• 3/4 oz. homemade peach shrub
• 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 1/4 oz. rich (2:1) simple syrup
• 2-3 dashes Dillon’s Wormwood Bitters
• grapefruit zest
1. Add basil to a shaker and lightly muddle to release oils.
2. Add remaining ingredients and shake well over ice.
3. Double strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a grapefruit zest. Enjoy! (preferably in sunny conditions and amongst friends)
*this recipe was created by Jullian Sauso-Bawa as one of the entries in our 2nd Annual Dillon’s Cocktail Competition, that took place at Oyster Fest Niagara. Jullian can be found working behind the wood at The Federal on Dundas Street West.