Thanks to Chef Lynn Crawford for this amazing cocktail creation that was recently featured on the LCBO website. We can’t think of anything that screams fall in Niagara than fresh apples & White Rye!
• 1 1/2 oz. Dillon’s The White Rye
• 1 oz. cranberry apple shrub (recipe below)
• 1/2 oz. lime juice
• 2 dashes Dillon’s Orange Bitters
• 1 oz. fresh pressed apple juice/cider
1. In a mason jar or cocktail shaker filled with ice, mix Dillon’s The White Rye, shrub, lime juice, bitters and cider together.
2. Shake & strain into coupe glass or serve in rocks glass over a 2″ ice cube.
3. Garnish with fresh cranberries or apple.
CRANBERRY APPLE SHRUB
• 1 cup fresh cranberries, rinsed
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 apple (gala if available)
• 3/4 cup Della Terra gravenstein apple white balsamic vinegar
• 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
• 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and turn heat onto medium. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and bring to a simmer, leave until cranberries pop. Take off heat & let it cool. Transfer to airtight container, set aside for 24 hours. Strain and keep in fridge to use for up to 2 weeks.